“This is My Story” Campaign for Inclusion Event
We are excited for our second This Is My Story live virtual event happening on February 25th at 2:45pm! The focus for this month is on differences.
Throughout the school year, individuals will have an opportunity to tell their story through a monthly focus. In hopes that our community consider and include all voices in our daily actions, the venue of storytelling will allow us to learn from perspectives and experiences that differ from our own and help reinforce connection. It will allow us to focus on personal experiences that may connect us through shared experiences, brighten our spirits due to a lens of positivity or hope, or even help us grow empathy as we hear about the struggles or hurts of others. This campaign is focused on the collective efforts of staff, students, and families. Together, we are striving for a school community that truly feels authentically inclusive and for a community where all stories matter. When we know better, we do better.
Interested in Participating? Read Information Below!
- What: Share a story of differences though the This Is My Story link below. Your story can be shared in many ways, not just narrative and can share more about this within the submission link below. Selected participants will be set up for success prior to the event happening organized by event facilitators.
- Who: Students, staff and families are all invited to submit a story focused on differences.
- When: Please submit your story by Monday, February 14th. The live event will take place on Friday, February 25th at 2:45pm via live Microsoft Teams event link found below. The entire school community will have access to live event link. Please note the event will not be recorded out of respect for confidentiality and ask that listeners do not record as well.
- Click on the first link below to submit your story. Live event stories will be selected by Equity Team Members and those not selected for live event will be showcased in other ways.
- You may choose to have your story shared anonymously or share on your own. Selected anonymous stories will be shared by volunteer staff.
- We ask that stories are no longer than 500 words or 5 minutes.
Important This is My Story Links:
We look forward our upcoming This is My Story event and hearing your stories! Information about this event will also be shared on all PTSA platforms throughout the month.
School Counselor and Administrative Designee