Library Program Mission: To ensure that students are effective users of ideas and information.
The Teacher-Librarian encourages and supports lifelong learning and literacy by maintaining an up-to-date diverse collection of materials in a variety of formats, by teaching research and information skills which result in self-reliant and critical users of information, by promoting a love of reading and by supporting curriculum with instruction and resources.
- /uploaded/Smith_Elementary_school/about_us_file/2017-2018_Curriculum_Packet_Lib_(2).docAccelerated Reader Information about the AR program.
- AR Bookfinder Accelerated Reader is a software program used to encourage reading.
- Guidelines for Works Consulted Lists In LWSD, elementary students should follow this introduction to the Modern Language Association (MLA) format for crediting sources in their papers.
- K-6 Research & Homework Help Research and homework help for grades K to 6.
- King County Library KCLS is a tremendous resource for books, databases, homework help, book reviews, and much more.
Databases appropriate for K-6. See your library teacher for passwords to access these from home.
- Birthday Book Club Read about our Birthday Book Club!
- Library Curriculum Packet
- Library Haiku Page Use this link to access the Library's Haiku page